Danny Casolaro was an investigative journalist who died under mysterious circumstances in 1991. In the ensuing decades, he has become a legend in his own right; for many, he's sort of the Platonic ideal of an investigative journalist. For others, he's a cautionary tale about conspiracy theory belief.
Here's our complete series on Casolaro and The Octopus.
- Part 1: How Danny Casolaro Became the Ideal Conspiracy Theorist
- Part 2: The Parapolitics of Software Piracy
- Part 3: Coachella (not the music festival)
- Part 4: Death of the Poet
- Part 5: Suicide is Painless
- Part 6: Disinformation is a psychic rat trap that makes everybody crazy and dumb
Recommended for You
And be sure to check out this episode of Failed State Update from August 1 2021, where we interview Tim Shorrock and Jack Calhoun, two journalists with unique insight into PROMIS and its possible (actual, documented) use by spies and intelligence agencies. We also speak with Dominic Orlando, a playwright and the cousin of Danny Casolaro, about Danny’s story and why it isn’t as far-fetched as some people seem to think.