
A $100,000 reward is being offered for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for vandalizing the new Buffalo Bills stadium.
Earlier this week, contractor Gilbane Turner announced that construction on the stadium had been suspended after graffiti was found in secure areas. That included both finished and unfinished areas of the stadium.
At the time, the company said that work was paused as a full investigation began into how it happened and who did it. Now, in an update on the situation, Gilbane Turner explained more on why work stopped and doubled down on its efforts to find those responsible.
"We suspended work because the people who come to this jobsite deserve to work in an environment that reflects respect and professionalism," Gilbane Turner said. "When that standard is violated, we address it and take the time to reset expectations. That is who we are and how we operate."
The company added that it has a zero tolerance for vandalism and graffiti, as well as "any behavior that undermines the respectful and supportive environment we expect on our projects."
They added that they appreciate the "strong support" received from contractors, unions, local officials, and law enforcement.
"The response reinforces what we know to be true: the overwhelming majority of people on this project are committed to maintaining a welcoming and professional work environment," they said.
Work on the stadium resumed on Friday after the cleanup was completed. As far as the planned timeline for opening, Gilbane Turner says that the new Highmark Stadium "will be delivered on schedule".
The new Bills stadium is scheduled to open in time for the start of the 2026 NFL Preseason.
Bills Roundtable also offers a fan community and message board. We’d love to have you join us to talk all things Bills. Click the “Join” button at the top of the page to join our community for free.